Privacy Browser does not have tabbed browsing yet. This is a planned feature for the 3.x series.
Privacy Browser currently uses Android’s built-in WebView to render web pages. As such, it works best when the latest version of WebView is installed. In the 4.x series, Privacy Browser will switch to a forked version of Android’s WebView called Privacy WebView that will allow for advanced privacy features.
Warning: Due to limitations in the OS, Privacy Browser is susceptible to MITM (Man In The Middle) attacks when browsing insecure websites from devices running Android KitKat (version 4.4.x, API 19). More information about this issue is available at http://www.stoutner.com/kitkat-security-problems/.
- Tor Orbot proxy support.
- SSL certificate pinning.
- Full screen browsing mode.
- Night mode.
- Add importing and exporting of bookmarks and settings (includes the read storage permission).
- Switch default loading of URLs from HTTP to HTTPS.
- Display how many items are blocked by each blocklist with live updates.
- Add user agent and night mode controls to the options menu.
- Fix a bug with disappearing system bars after watching a full screen video.
- Fix the Clear Data menu item status on Oreo (Android 8.0) and newer.
- Bump target API to 28 (Android 9 Pie).